Section 1842, 1862 (b) and 1874 of Title XVIII of the Social Security Act (The Act) (42 United States Code (U.S.C) 1395u, 1395y (b), and 1395k) authorizes Cahaba as a contractor for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to ask you for personally identifiable information (PII) that is needed to authenticate access to secure portals. Examples of PII include name, email address, physical address and other unique identifiers.
- You do not have to give us personal information to visit our site. If you choose not to provide personal information, you may still visit. By volunteering information you consent Cahaba to use the PII in connection with the website, or for such purposes as are described at the point of collection.
- We may collect personally identifiable information (name, email address, physical address, and other unique identifier) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you. You have the right to access and amend or correct PII submitted by you if necessary.
- Personally identifying information collected will be used only in connection with the website, or for such purposes as are described at the point of collection.
- Information collected is for statistical purposes only. Cahaba performs analyses of user behavior in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of our site.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) fund this website. We may share information we collect with CMS or its contractors.
- Cahaba will protect the personal information that you share with us. We do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information to third parties other than CMS or its contractors. Information collected via the Cahaba website is kept on secure Cahaba servers and is accessed only by staff with a business need to use it. On occasion, collected information is requested by, and shared with, CMS for use in contract activities. In accordance with CMS regulations, collected information is not disposed of; instead, it is kept on an indefinite basis.
- If Cahaba transmits your protected data to CMS or any contracted entities, Cahaba will ensure the data is encrypted according to CMS standards.
- While Cahaba will make every attempt to protect the personal information that you share with us, electronic mail is not secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, you may want to send it by postal mail instead.
- Cahaba may occasionally update this policy. Notice of revisions will be posted here.
We want to be very clear: We will not gather personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.