The instructions in this section are intended to assist the applicant in completing an accurate CMS-855A Enrollment Application in a minimal amount of time.
- Electronic CMS-855A Application and Instructions – Download and complete in an electronic format with edit checks.
- Medicare Authorization Agreements for Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) – Required with enrollment. Learn more about Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs).
- Provider Enrollment Checklist – applies to all types of applications
- Notification of Special Documentation – includes individualized checklists specific to the submission type
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) – agreement and electronic billing instructions
- Submission and Timeframes
- Top Reasons for Application Development – Review common errors.
- The Basics of Medicare Enrollment- A CMS Guide
- Medicare Enrollment and Claim Submission Guidelines – A booklet on applying for enrollment and submitting claims to Medicare