Educational materials include reference guides, and tools that provide information to help you understand Medicare benefits and how Cahaba processes your claims.
Fiscal Intermediary Standard System (FISS) Reference Guide
FISS is the system Direct Data Entry (DDE) users access to enter claims, check claim status, etc. It’s only available to Part A users.
Educational Materials by Provider Type
- Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions (RNHCI)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Rural Health Clinic (RHC)
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and Swing Bed (SB)
- All Other Medicare Provider Types
Online Education Opportunities
Additional Resources from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Reading the Institutional Remittance Advice
- Medicare Learning Network
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Spell of Illness Quick Reference Chart
- CMS Web-Based Training Courses