Keep Up to Date on ICD-10
Please visit the ICD-10 website for the latest news and resources to help you prepare as well as Medicare Fee-for-Service Provider Resources ICD-10.
ICD-10 Claims Submission Alternatives
For FROM dates of service (on professional and supplier claims) or dates of discharge/through dates (on institutional claims) on or after October 1, 2015, entities covered under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) are required to use the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition (ICD-10) code sets adopted under HIPAA.
If you will not be able to complete the necessary systems changes to submit claims with ICD-10 codes by October 1, 2015, or find that you are unable to submit claims on or after October 1, 2015, due to issues with your billing software, vendor or clearinghouse, claims submission alternatives are available.
A provider may request an accelerated/advance payment where delays in payments by an A/B MAC for covered services rendered to beneficiaries have caused financial difficulties for the provider. An accelerated/advance payment may also be made in highly exceptional situations where a provider has incurred a temporary delay in its bill processing beyond the provider’s normal billing cycle.
When making a request, please ensure the following are attached:
- Accelerated/Advance Payment Request Form
- Formal written request signed by authorized representative on Company Letter
ICD-10 Implementation Training
CMS is scheduling ICD-10 classes designed for physicians, practice managers, billing managers, and others who need help in transitioning from ICD-9 to ICD-10. These are in-person classes, not webinars. (For online classes and in-person classes outside our region, visit www.roadto10.org).
If CMS is not providing in-person classes near you, check www.roadto10.org for webinars and other helpful information.
Conferences, Meetings, and Webinars
CMS has partnered with PAHCOM, the Health Resources and Services Administration, the National Association of Community Health Centers, and the National Association of Rural Health Clinics to offer a series of webinars for providers on preparing for ICD-10. Recordings of these webinars are available on the CMS YouTube channel:
- ICD-10-CM/PCS Billing and Payment Frequently Asked Questions
- Practice Managers Guide to ICD-10
- ICD-10, The Provider Perspective
- CMS Presents – ICD-10 training to assist small physician practice managers – Overview
- Clinical documentation; Supporting good patient care and proper coding in an ICD-10 environment
- Impact of ICD-10 on Safety Net Providers
- Navigating ICD-10, the Provider Perspective
- ICD-10 Rural or Urban; It Impacts All Providers