Welcome to the Cahaba Part A website. As the A/B Medicare Administrative Contractor for Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee, we process Part A claims and cost reports for services provided by:
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs),
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF),
- Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), Renal Dialysis Facilities (ESRD),
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs),
- Community Mental Health Centers (CMHCs),
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (CORFs),
- Outpatient Physical Therapy providers (OPTs),
- Religious Non-medical Health Care Institutions (RNHCIS),
- Independent Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs),
- Histocompatibility Laboratories (HLs), and
- Limited Purpose Insurance Companies (LPICs).
Out of Jurisdiction Providers (OJPs): Rural Health Clinic, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and End Stage Renal Disease Facilities Currently Located In States Other Than Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee
Cahaba also processes Part A claims and cost reports for Out of Jurisdiction Providers (OJPs) such as Rural Health Clinics, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and End Stage Renal Disease Facilities currently located in other states. These providers were assigned to Cahaba during the MAC transition process on August 3, 2009.
These claims and cost reports were previously processed by Riverbend Government Benefit Administrators (GBA) in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the Tennessee Part A Fiscal Intermediary (FI). All RHC providers that were serviced by Riverbend GBA transitioned to Cahaba on August 3, 2009. This change impacted all providers who were serviced by Riverbend GBA regardless of what state they were located in. Any new RHC that is entering the Medicare program will need to enroll with their geographic MAC or Fiscal Intermediary/Carrier. For further information please see the .